Youth Sunday Mornings: Biblical Teaching and Relevant Discussion
We begin our Sunday mornings together in Room 304 for a time of fellowship, laughter and most importantly, doughnuts. We welcome everyone with a time of announcements, prayer and fast-paced, high-energy minute-to-win-it style games.
Following our opening gathering, we start with a large group conversation that highlights the theme or topic for the day. Finally, we break out into smaller groups for middle and high school to dig a little bit deeper and to share in dialogue.
The schedule for 6th-12th graders will look like this:
- 9:30-9:45 a.m.: Fellowship and Doughnuts
- 9:45-10:00 a.m.: Welcome, Announcements, Worship, and Prayers.
- 10:00-10:10 a.m.: Large Group Gathering
- 10:10-10:45 a.m.: Small Groups
Youth Classrooms are as follows:
Middle School (6th-8th grade) – Room 304
High School (9th-12th) – Room 306
Topics for the Year
This year we are going to be exploring a wide variety of topics including the following:
- Viva! Routines – Together we will examine the importance of being both mindful and intentional about how we live our lives and shape their spirituality.
- The Spotify Gospel – Using songs and lyrics from popular artists like Ben Rector and Chance the Rapper, we will explore the intersection of faith, art, storytelling, and struggle.
- Kindred Youth Ministry – We will walk through the books of Mark and Ephesians exploring key concepts and themes. We’ll examine scripture, and discuss their applications for our lives.
- Sanctified Art – We will use multimedia resources to bring scripture and theological themes to life through film, visual art, curriculum, coloring pages, liturgy, graphic designs, and more.